Thursday, December 4, 2008

New poems, new book, New Kids On The Block


Here's a new post:

I have some new poems on Mannequin Envy. They're new and sparkly and fun for the whole family.

At this point, it's safe to announce that I have a new collection of poems scheduled to be released by sunnyoutside press in Fall 2009. The collection is titled After The Honeymoon, and it picks up where the chapbook Honey, I'm Home left off. In fact, in many ways, it's the full-length version of the chapbook, including some of the same poems. In the meantime, sunnyoutside will be releasing new books from a couple of my friends, Tim Horvath and Rebecca Schumejda . So keep an eye out and buy their books while they're new.

When I was in 8th grade, I lost my girlfriend to Jordan from The New Kids On The Block. Perhaps I should clarify. This was circa 1988, shortly before I'd start sporting my new mullet, and my girlfriend, who we'll call Bitch Who Ripped My Fragile Young Heart Out, bought a new glossy folder with a picture of The New Kids On The Block "hangin' tough" on the front AND back. After several days of staring at the folder, BWRMFYHO decided that she preferred the presence of Jordan on her new folder to me.

Shit, she was probably right.

No comments: